Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Basic Information



As stated, the wedding will take place on June 3rd, 2006. People who are much more organized than I, keep asking questions. I do not know, at this time, the answers.

I do know that the goal is to have fun, enjoy yourselves and each other.

A fair question is: Where is Oakland? Not in California. See map above.

Airports: Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis are about equal distance. (St. Louis is just a bit closer). There is an airport in Champaign. If you fly your own plane you can get closer; call me.

The main road is I 57. Coming from Nebraska, one would take 80 to just east of Davenport & then take I 74 to I 57 south(around Champaign/Urbana). From St. Louis one would take I 70 to I 57 north.

Here are the directions from I 57:

1. TAKE I-57 TO EXIT 203 (ARCOLA) HIGHWAY 133

2. TURN LEFT (EAST) FOR 12 ½ MILES

3. TURN RIGHT ON 2175 EAST. THIS IS JUST BEFORE THE BRIDGE THAT CROSSES THE
EMBARRASS RIVER. IF YOU CROSS THE BRIDGE, TURN AROUND AND COME BACK!

4. FOLLOW THE ROAD (ABOUT ½ MI) TO THE FIRST AND ONLY HOUSE (381 NORTH).

TURN INTO THE DRIVEWAY. PHONE # 217-346-3129

Well this is a start. More to come.

No comments: